Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Red light on virgin hub 3

Hello  I have a permanent red light on my virgin hub 3 - looking online it says that this is due to overheating. My device is not covered and is out in the open, should I unplug it? How would I go about getting this fixed? thanks 

Nixys27 by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Great broadband trashed by call centre

Hello to all  Virginmedia customers who have to call the help desk for support, there isn’t any, after lengthy calls to the call agents you are left frustrated and confused.  I would like to update my previous blog, returning customer to Virginmedia ...

Macme by On our wavelength
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Sky Q and minis wired - disable wireless?

I’ve just got VM 1Gig to replace Sky broadband. My SkyQ and 2 SkyQ minis are connected via Ethernet (on unmanaged switches) to the Hub. Should I disable the SkyQ mesh (via the engineer settings) or keep it on? Will the minis communicate with the main...

WiFi cuts off at midnight!!

So we are now day 3 of my internet cutting off at midnight and not coming back on till the following morning!!! literally same time every night! 12am. Most days it’s back on in the am but the other day it did not come back till 12pm which isn’t great...

Resolved! SuperHub 3.0 constant redlight

Hi AllMy SH3 developed a constant red light a few months back - it was not hot or badly ventilated plus the broadband worked.  Today it has cut out completely - VM diagnostics could not restart so I did this manually with a full reset without any suc...

Red light on router

Hi, a few days ago I noticed the main power light on my wifi router that is normally white is now just solid red. I have tried powering it off & on several times leaving it switched off for at least half an hour, as soon as the power is restored it g...

nth81 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi pods issue when running wifi calling or VPN

Any advice appreciated. Qofi is generally great but when moving between APs I have problems specifically when doing EE wifi calling and or have a VPN running Calls / connections hang.My wifi pods are set for wired backhaul but not sure this is a cont...

UPP Customer

I am an UPP customer with 500Mbps/500Mbps, and am looking for information on whether to transfer to Virgin, or jump ship to an Openreach reseller.Virgin have offer me the same deal that I had from UPP (to a degree, as the upload speed is vastly lower...

CraigJK by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos