Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Resolved! Wifi Pod with new hub

Hi there, I've just recently upgraded from hub3 to hub5 but now my 2 wifi pods won't connect to it. Is anyone able to tell me how to reset the WiFi pods so that they can hopefully connect to my new hub?

YIKES1412 by On our wavelength
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! virgin hub

If I acquired a hub 5 could I just fit it in place of the hub 3 without any input fro virgin media and would it work ok

CJ38 by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi/broadband issues when raining

I've recently switched to Virgin from Sky and have not had any issues so far apart from when it is raining. I've read other threads that say that water could be interfering with the connection somewhere, how do you go about getting Virgin out to diag...

Melvear by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Vm connect app error on pods

 I have 2 black pods on backhaul and they work individually but not well as a mesh.In the vm connect app I see this and wonder if the problems are connected?

1000050099.jpg

SYNC Timing Synchronization Failure

Had a lot of these errors come in around midnight after I had already hit the hay. Now getting no upstream or downstream this morning, Online tool says and issue with my hub but I've checked everything and all seems to be fine and connected.Any sugge...

Wifi Slow?

Hello, For the past 2 days, the wifi in my flat has been horrendous. This is something that we have always struggled with; it's a 60s build and the walls are thick. We have 2 pods around the flat and this has always been sufficient. Now, in the room ...

AJC19 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

REPETITIVE CONSECUTIVE NIGHTLY INTERNET DROPOUTS

Hello,I am having constant, repetitive problem with broadband dropouts/outages at exactly midnight. This has happened at exactly 12am like clockwork for 4 nights running as follows12am - 10:30am12am - 5am12am - 3:30am 12am - 4amCould anyone tell me h...

Resolved! Pod not connecting

Hi we just got a new hub 3 as we had the solid red light but now our pod upstairs won't connect, it flashes white but when I scan through the app it can't find it. The engineer said just switch it on and it will connect after a short time.