Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Why does it take 2 to 3 days to get a technician out

It's a joke this I never had a issue with BT apart from we couldn't get over 30mb in my area so tried virgin and it's been down a lot and it seems to be for hours or days I've got no internet now and they need to send someone out and first told me Sa...

micky06 by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub not found in Connect app

I am trying to resolve wifi issues using the VM Connect app but it showing ‘Hub not Found’. I have tried rebooting the Hub, deleting the app and reinstalling it after rebooting my phone but no luck. what can i do to resolve this?

Resolved! Hub 5 Modem Mode not working

Hi, not sure if anyone has a similar experience, but I've always used my hub 5 in modem mode, had it for about a year without any issue, randomly it has swapped back to router mode and trying to switch it back into modem mode it just hangs at the scr...

feygor by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dropouts after midnight

For the second time in the last 3 days, I have been experiencing dropouts in the early hours.The time stamps for the network log are not showing the correct time and there was a dropout due to improvement work last week which was supposed to be a six...

tonyw2 by On our wavelength
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Permanent Red Light on Hub

HiMy Hub 3 is showing a permanent red light. The internet and WiFi are working fine.I have done the usual rebooting, leaving powered down and unplugged overnight and even the 30 second pin reset to no avail.Does this mean the router is on its way out...

Resolved! New user Q: Merge Bands???

Had VM 1Gig (Hub5x) installed yesterday. Tried using the VM app and I had this message pop up - is this something I should do and if it doesn't work is it easy to reverse?

IMG_3584.PNG

Red light on Hub 3.0 router / slow internet

Hello,We've been having issues with our Hub 3.0 for the last few months where it's showing a stable red light on the front rather than a green/white light.I've read online that it's an overheating issue, but it doesn't feel hot to touch. Its been sat...

kodjac by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Unable to order WiFi Pods

Hi I got connected this weekend on 1GB but some of the rooms are very low (poor) but when I follow the steps to order a wifi pod via the VM Connect app and select upgrade package I get a 'oops something is wrong message'. How do I go about obtaining ...

Resolved! Hub red light

My virgin hub is showing a red light. It is cool to touch and is well ventilated also everything is working as it should, this forum recommends a new hub is required is this correct and if so how do I get one as I can’t get through on 150

Connect App forcing me to optimise wifi

  All started this morning.  Kept receiving a pop up stating that the network needs to be optimised to One wi-fi. The network was not perfect prior to this so I thought optimising my network might improve things further…this actually made my network ...

IMG_5188.jpeg IMG_5189.jpeg
Shaf78 by On our wavelength
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos