Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Resolved! Ethernet not working; WiFi OK

I was upgraded to hub 4 last week and constant issues and now I have WiFi and all my ethernet connections on the hub don't work, Box has been reset, Factory reset done still the same Now it randomly does this, white light gets brighter then goes off ...

Hub 5 has forgotten my password

Hub 5 has forgotten my password; it dosn't accept the factory default password either. Is there any alternative to a factory reset?I don't know for how long this might have been so but, just in case it's relevant, I have just (two days ago) switched ...

jaberwok by On our wavelength
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

No internet - help!

Hi,Since yesterday morning I have had no internet - either through WiFi or over ethernet - from my Hub 5.I have spoken to Virgin via WhatsApp and apparently there is a service outage in my area, however whenever I check the service checker everything...

Louren by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intermittent Broadband

Hi, Looking for help. Moved to a new house in Dec’22 and been having the same issue ever since. Problem seems to be very simple. Internet just drops. This can stay down for seconds or hours. All devices stay connected. Modem lights stay on. This affe...

Resolved! How to order a booster?

Is it possible for me to get a booster please? I've had the ultimate oomph bundle installed today and get a poor signal in one of the bedrooms. I went through the virgin media connect app and it gave me an the info (poor signal, optimization didn't w...

bigpmc by Tuning in
  • 29 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broadband problems in ub5

There is a problem with broadband in ub5. This fits seem to be known, well I say that but the service starus page, when you can actually access it, only sites that TV is affected. Earlier today a resolution date of 19th Feb was shown, but now everyth...

yorky_p by Tuning in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Smart lighting Lightwave RF link - connecting to Hub5x

Hi there, I'm new here and new to VM. I'm trying to connect my smart lighting to our new hub.  Contacted the manufacturer, Lightwave, who mentioned port forwarding and to contact virgin. Very long day, trying to get someone to help, end result was to...

Orbi Mesh Network with VM

Hi I have an Orbi Mesh network with VM which I installed a couple of years ago. I followed online instructions, so I have no idea what I did - I remember taking an http address from the bottom of the router and changing some setting from the VM Hub3 ...

RG5 by Tuning in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos