Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

WiFi Pods not working since Hub upgrade

Hey folks, new here.I have just upgraded to Hub 5 from Hub 3. Wifi is set up and working but the pods have failed to connect. I have tried all the usual stuff such as rebooting the hub, rebooting the pods, moving the pods closer to router etc.I have ...

Resolved! WiFi Pods - issues

Hello,I have had the Virgin Media's white WiFi Pods but I was recently upgraded to the black Wifi Pods.I plugged out the white WiFi Pods, plugged the black WiFi pods in but the Virgin Media Connect App could not find them to installFurther more, the ...

vbcustomer by On our wavelength
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connecting to my home wifi.

Im 85 and not particularly savvy with all this broadband/wifi stuff so please bare with me.My home set-up is a BT Hub with a TP-Link AC1200 Dual Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router connected to cover the whole bungalow with a good signal.I have just bought a V...

W i-Fi inst.jpeg
Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pods vs new Hub

Hi,For months we’ve had poor WiFi coverage in our house. I was sent a pod, which worked to a degree but didn’t improve speeds.Three days ago, an engineer came out & replaced our hub in case the previous one was faulty.He said we should have at least ...

Delay in page opening

Hi I’ve just recently had my M350 fibre broadband installed and all speed tests are coming in at 384Mbps so I can’t complain with that but there is a long delay when opening any web pages with some not fully loading at all. Settings have not been cha...

Gazlof by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Field Sales Survey Team - No Response

Hi all,I'm moving to a new home shortly and I'm trying to get Virgin Media set up before I move. The area is serviced by Virgin Media, however my particular house number doesn't appear on the Postcode checker.I completed the form for the Field Sales ...

GammaRay by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Poor network performance

My hub 3.0 is displaying a red light constantly and the WiFi performance is very poor, we have tried rebooting the router multiple times, however this has had no effect. The router is in a well ventilated area and is not hot to the touch so I don’t t...

Hub 5 Upgrade

SpoilerHub 5 UpgradeHub 5 UpgradeI have Gig1 Fibre Broadband and lots of devices connected to the Hub 4. I am constantly having to reboot the Hub because of slow speeds, devices losing connection and having a bit of a poor signal upstairs. I contacte...