Menu
mt73
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

access denied to wired device

I've gt a wired device hard-drive which I can't access without a password. Only problem is I can't find the password anywhere when logged in to my Super Hub. Can you help please?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: access denied to wired device

hiya @mt73 what make model of hard drive is this?, also if you connect the hard drive direct to a PC/laptop (using e.g. USB) can you then access the contents
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
mt73
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, it's a ReadyNAS. I'm using it for file storage and whilst I can edit files on the PC at home, (either through ReadyCLOUD or direct link through file manager) I can only access via ReadyCLOUD on the remote computer and access nothing through file manager. Cheers

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

doing a look online looks like the default password is password or netgear1 also how are you connecting the nas the hub?, ethernet/usb?, since the usb doesnt work on the hub.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
pcmanbob
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, it's a ReadyNAS. I'm using it for file storage and whilst I can edit files on the PC at home, (either through ReadyCLOUD or direct link through file manager) I can only access via ReadyCLOUD on the remote computer and access nothing through file manager. Cheers

So you have a ReadyNAS network attached storage device and you have the ReadyCLOUD service connected to it as well,

so you can connect locally via ReadyCloud and via file manager which is what I would expect and seems to be working ok for you.

But you say you can only connect via ReadyCLOUD form a remote computer, now assuming this remote computer is at another location and not on the same network as the ReadyNAS this would also be what I would expect.

As your remote computer is not on the same network as the ReadyNAS there is no way for the file manager to connect to it, you have to use the the ReadyCLOUD service which acts as a remote gateway to your ReadyNAS, as you are accessing it from another network.

0 Kudos