Menu
Dene1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Xbox disconnecting despite wired connection

We recently received our Tivo box and new router. Since then and despite few problems before my Xbox One continually disconnects from the internet and shortly thereafter reconnects. It doesn't appear to depend on what I'm doing as from the home screen it connects and disconnects on its own but it seems particularly bad when gaming or watching Amazon/Netflix.

I have a wired connection. Virgin support remotely did the port forwarding (although seemed slightly surprised that port 53 which should be open for Xbox was reserved) and set up a static IP. That didn't help nor did any form of reset. I was then directed to speak to Microsoft as it was a "third party" problem.

Microsoft support tried different DNS setting etc.. Reset the xbox to factory settings and tried various other options including trying a wireless connection. Nothing seems to have worked.

Any ideas? Without some suggestions I'm frankly thinking of swapping to Sky.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox disconnecting despite wired connection

Hey Dene1,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the connection problems you're having with your Xbox, this can be frustrating.

Apart from the Xbox, are any of your other devices having problems? Have you tried a different Ethernet cable? If not, I can send you one. I'm not seeing anything obvious out of place when I check your connection, so we might need to run through further diagnostics.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Crxk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problem. 

Both my Xbox one and PC are connected via Ethernet cables (two different brands). Both tend to disconnect and then reconnect again within 2-10 seconds. Kicking me from all games/ chats etc. 

It's been going on for months now.

Let me know if you find a solution also.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Crxk,

I'm sorry to hear this is happening, I would like to make sure I have the right account here to perform some test so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see a message waiting for you requesting further details.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos