Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11 (2,103 Views)

Xbox One Disconnect Issues

Hi guys, I've been a long-time user of Virgin Media services and have rarely had any issues with any of my services over the years, but this one has become quite a pickle for me.

My problem, which seems to have affected a number of other users, is that my Xbox One has a variety of connection issues when connected to my Virgin Media Superhub 2. On games such as COD Black Ops 3, Halo: Master Chief Collection and Elder Scrolls Online, I can initially connect to matches/servers etc but in a lot of cases I will be kicked out/disconnected after 5-10 mins of being in-game. I have tried wiping the cache on my Xbox, resetting my superhub and switching between 2G and 5G connections, but to no success. In addition, over the past few days I have noticed drops in connection speed and at times, complete drop in connection for a few minutes at a time.

We also have a PS4, Xbox360 (not all connected at the same time!), 2 phones and an iPad which use the connection, all with no issues at all. The package we have is 70mbps Superhub 2 if it's of any use. Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Message 9 of 11 (3,993 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by dbrowne88
‎18-12-2015 11:28

Re: Xbox One Disconnect Issues

Hi dbrowne88

Thanks for the update and trying the port forwarding option. Shame to hear that it's not made any difference though Smiley Sad Your right that here were some issues with a SH2 firmware update a few months ago and Bazzaar is correct in that the firmware was then rolled back to resolve them. 

Is there any difference with the hub in modem mode? I'm also going to send you a PM for some additional info.

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11 (2,072 Views)

Hi dbrowne88, 

Thanks for getting in touch, sorry you've been having trouble with your X box One connection.  

When gaming where possible I try to used a wired connection as it does give a more stable connection. 

I can also see a little bit of an issue with Forward Error Corrections(FECS) in your area, not so much that it would be causing a problem but we will need to keep an eye on it. 

Try it with wired and let us know how that goes for you. If the drop outs continue we'll need to look into other avenues to get this resolved. 

Just another though are you hosting the games at all or just joining parties that are hosted else where? I just want to know if you are using port forwarding or not. 

Speak to you soon

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11 (2,068 Views)

Hi Emma, thanks for getting back to me about this.

I've tried it with an Ethernet cable but unfortunately I have run into the same problems using it. My Xbox is in a room above our living room where the router is, and wireless signal is always good but using a cable all the time isn't too practical (my wife especially doesn't like the sight of a 20m cat5 cable running up the stairs!).

I'm not sure if it's of any use but specifically in the elder scrolls online, the message I get after getting the boot is "unable to connect to Xbox Live. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection." Despite this, my Xbox is still connected to Xbox Live!

If you know any other methods it would be greatly appreciated, as its doing my head in lol.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11 (2,062 Views)

If xbox live is still connected, i would assume its a problem with the games servers

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11 (2,060 Views)

I thought the same initially, but I'm also having trouble with other online games on the xbox
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (2,046 Views)

Hi dbrowne88

Thanks for getting back to us and confirming that. Yeah my fiancée had the same issue with me trailing a cable through the house so powerline adaptors are a good way of getting around this and out of trouble Smiley Happy

Can you try opening the ports used by for Xbox live from the link here and see if this makes any difference?

Let us know how you get on.

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11 (2,026 Views)

Hi Ty, thanks for coming back to me on this. I've opened the ports described in the link and checked to confirm they are indeed open but unfortunately it's made no difference to my problem.

I've read in some cases that a firmware update to the Superhub 2 might have in some cases caused connection issues - could it be this, and is it possible to roll back an update?
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11 (2,021 Views)

Hi,

my son has had the same thing with his Xbox One too.

I'm not sure if its VM router or the Xbox Live service that is to blame. None of the other devices in our household have any such problem.

I think the firmware upgrade was auto rolled back by Virgin, so thats not a consideration.

Cheers

Barry

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (3,994 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by dbrowne88
‎18-12-2015 11:28

Hi dbrowne88

Thanks for the update and trying the port forwarding option. Shame to hear that it's not made any difference though Smiley Sad Your right that here were some issues with a SH2 firmware update a few months ago and Bazzaar is correct in that the firmware was then rolled back to resolve them. 

Is there any difference with the hub in modem mode? I'm also going to send you a PM for some additional info.

Speak soon 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 10 of 11 (867 Views)

Has anyone solved this problem?  My son is also getting the same problems with Xbox - Black Ops games

0 Kudos