Menu
Watem
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Worst broadband ever...

Unfortunately switched to virgin 4-5 maths ago, disappointed all round and wish stayed with previous provider. Wi fi so slow and glitchy, unable to watch any catch up without buffering or loss of internet connection. Wish had not believed the hype, and read reviews and sort opinion prior to switching. Counting the days to end of contract but in meantime would appreciate advice what if any steps I can make which may improve reliability and speed. Engineer set Up modem next to tv in alcove above gas meter, could this solely be the issue? Thanks

0 Kudos
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Worst broadband ever...

It could be the reason behind your wifi issue , but you would be best to plug in directly to modem with cable to eliminate that possibility

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos
Watem
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The main tv is connected to modem, but iany wifi devices are glitchy, slow, disconnecting. The problem seems to be low speed which fluctuates even lower. Looking forward to end of contract, advise any one to just avoid. Highest speed is 39 mbs down to 5 Mbs. Think dial up was even better!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Watem

Welcome to the community. I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some problems with your broadband service. I've run some checks on your connection and everything is looking healthy which is great. I've included a guide here with some tips on improving the wireless connection. Let me know if this helps Smiley Happy

Speak soon,

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos