Menu
DarrenF
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Wireless cutting out

I got sent the super Hub 2 a few months back and have recently been experiencing problems with the wifi. Every day now the wifi will just go off with no device picking up any signals. Wired connections work fine but the majority of devices in my house is run on wireless and the only way to get it back on is to reset the hub which is becoming a hassle having to do it every day. It always seems to cut out in the evening more than anything.

I was wondering if this is a technical issue that can be resolved or a hardware issue as I have never experienced this problem in all the years of being a customer with the older super hubs.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wireless cutting out

Wireless reception is affected by many factors like Range, Client hardware, the Topograpy of your home, and the big killer, Wireless interference.

First of all, I would ensure the Hub is placed in a central, open position, away from obstacles and electrical devices.

You could try changing the wireless channel manually. Downloading a wireless scanner like InSSIDer for Windows or WiFiAnalyser for Android would help by showing you the surrounding wireless networks, the channels they are broadcasting on, and their signal strengths, so you can select the best wireless channel.

Setting the Hub's radio setting to 300Mbps (or 40Mhz channel) is not advised on the 2.4GHz band as it takes up over half of the available spectrum, making it prone to wireless interference..

I would also check for other sources of wireless interference such as A\V streaming devices, Baby monitors, Chordless phones, Microwave ovens, Plasma TVs, Security systems, etc.

Using the wider, usually less congested 5Ghz band could help, if your client devices support it.

0 Kudos