Menu
hickorydoc
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Wireless cutting out every 2-3 mins !!!!

Hi,

After a month or so of my son moaning about the wifi speed, I performed a speed test and the results were shocking download speed lower than upload, Called VM and they tried but couldn't remedy it so after 4 days the engineer came (today) done his stuff. Apparantly the signal was too high, he showed me a speed check and was showing over 200mb (i checked 30 mins after he left and still 190 mb) My son came home and the wifi is no better, dropping out every 2-3 mins so phoned VM and after all the usual checks for 30 mins was advised to get power line adapters as there was a fault that wouldn't be fixed until april !!!!!!! after looking at these power line adapters (i need 4) I've realised there quite dear, We can't even stream a film without it cutting out a dozen times ! is it me or should i not be supplied with these adapters which also need ethernet cables as i pay for 200mb broadband 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wireless cutting out every 2-3 mins !!!!

Hello hickorydoc,

Thanks for joining the community, welcome!

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your connection, I sounds frustrating.

I've checked your connection and I can see the fault in your area which is responsible for reducing speeds during peak time hours, using an Ethernet cable where possible would be advised, if you don't have a cable let me know and I can send you one.

As for the power line adapters, we're unable to send these to you, we don't supply this equipment, but we can support you in setting them up etc.

Sincere apologies for this,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Lmphoenix
Just joined
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wireless cutting out every 2-3 mins !!!!

Explain this to me virgin media tech person

What kind of fault in his/her area is going to have an issue with wireless drop outs

An issue in the area would affect the connection to the router/modem therfore both wired and wireless connections would be affected.

Advising on the use of power line adapters seems incorrect to me.

As this would only resolve wireless drop outs as long as the modem itself has not dropped it's connection with vm's network

0 Kudos