Menu
Phil_shenton
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wireless coverage

My wireless range appears to be reducing as there are a number of rooms in the house where there is no signal. The issue appears to be gradually getting worse. I assume a replacement is the only solution?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wireless coverage

a replacement what? - if you have the SH1 then a replacement is long overdue - a call to retentions should get you said replacement for free or at worst postage - dont get too involved just say the wifi is rubbish which it is

other models of the SH are all about as good or bad as each other so replacing one of those will likely do nothing - degrading of the wifi over time is usually due to other wifi routers around you - wifi can also be degraded by things such as chordless phone - microwaves and a host of other things

so first make sure your wifi is using a channel that is not busy from other wifi signals - download inSSIDer for a pc or similar on a mobile device and set your channel to the least busy - that should help

all the SH's are get you going devices on wifi and if wifi is important to you then the only real answer is SH in modem mode with a good 3rd party router

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Phil_shenton,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having WiFi trouble.

I'd like to take a look at this for you but I can't seem to locate your account. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details from you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

.... or WiFi enabled Powerline adaptors to the required zones of your house.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Phil_shenton
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have a Super Hub 2ac (VMDG490).

We do have a number of devices, 4 phones, 4 laptops and 4 iPads but there are only 6-7 devices attached at any one time. The issue is getting worse and until 6 months ago there was no issue and it has gradually got worse.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Phil_shenton,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

Apologies again for the wireless connection problems you're experiencing. Have you tried changing your operating wireless channel yet? If not, please take a look at our help article  - Changing the Virgin Media router's wireless channel / frequency for instructions on how to log into your Hub and make the changes.

I hope this helps,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos