Menu
Smockboy25
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wireless connection problems

Have recently switched to fibre broadband (Hub 3.0), both mobile and tv are picking up the wireless network but PC isn't finding the network.

Running XP, have tried uninstalling and reinstalling wireless software to no avail. The wireless adapter picks up 2 nearby wireless networks (would guess the neighbours?).

Tried rebooting modem for it to pick it up, any ideas where it's falling down on the connection would be greatly appreciated! 👍
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wireless connection problems

I wonder if this might be of any help ...

http://pureinfotech.com/how-to-fix-i-cant-see-available-wireless-networks-in-windows-xp-bonus/

A further thought ... are you actually seeing the SSID on your phone or did it simply connect automatically?  I'm just wondering if you have accidentally turned on the 'Hide SSID' in the hub's menus.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Windows XP you should be upgrading or replacing as its no longer supported my microsoft and getting no security updates.
0 Kudos
Smockboy25
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Phone found network automatically. How would you hide the SSID on the hub menu? Only button is pair WPS?
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Smockboy25 wrote:
Phone found network automatically. How would you hide the SSID on the hub menu? Only button is pair WPS?

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the Hub3 as I have an earlier model so I don't know if the menus even have the Hide feature ... perhaps someone else with a Hub3 can comment.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Smockboy25
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tried the link and that's not got it connected 🤔
0 Kudos