Menu
double_en
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Wireless Range

I have a superhub first generation and wondered if there are any setting that will make the wireless range better.

I have moved the router due to decorating the room and it is now 10 feet away from its original postion which has now created a dead spot at the rear of my property. In it's current position it is not obstructed by any additional objects or walls.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
ash1122
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wireless Range

Get the tp link wireless extender from Argos 15 pounds , you'll have full bars wireless 2.4ghz all round house and beyond 👍 2 mins setup via wps buttons

All Replies
ash1122
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Get the tp link wireless extender from Argos 15 pounds , you'll have full bars wireless 2.4ghz all round house and beyond 👍 2 mins setup via wps buttons

double_en
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have looked into wireless extenders using both repeater types and powerplug types but would rather not use any additional equipement at the moment as there should be no reason why any decent wireless router should not be able to cover my whole house. It is only a three bed semi and not a mansion.

I may have to go down this route eventuially so thank you for taking the time to reply.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

you need to get rid of the SH1 - ring retentions for an upgrade - any of the other hubs are better than the SH1 - dont get too involved just tell them the wifi is awful - which it is and they should sort out a replacement - hopefully that will improve things - if any replacement still has problems the look at adding your own wifi router - 

any replacement hub should be free

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
double_en
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply. I think that I will give that a try as I have another issue with the superhub, i.e. the inability to remove devices from the wireles access list without randomly deleting several device as well.

Cheers.

0 Kudos