Menu
SCLHOLLY
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wireless Printing with Superhub 3.0 and HP 3050 J610

Just installed new Superhub 3.0.  All my devices (Dell Laptop, IPhone, iPad, iPod) work great wirelessly apart from my HP Deskjet 3050 J610 printer which the new hub will not connect with. Printer goes searching for network but can't find it. Printer shows in my Windows 10 Laptop settings as Offline. Any simple ideas how a non technical person can fix this?

I have already tried switching everything on and off and making sure I have all the up to date drivers installed.

0 Kudos
gfmajchrzak
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wireless Printing with Superhub 3.0 and HP 3050 J610

I have the same issue with a Ricoh sp213w and some WD hub drives. I switch back to the old Sky router and everything works fine. I call vigin support, but i still waiting to have any useful response.

Also noticed that that wired connections from time to time show a DNS not responding error message.

0 Kudos
SCLHOLLY
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No replies to my enquiry so far. Just to add some additional information the printer worked fine wirelessly with my previous Virgin hub.

It also works with no problem when attached via a USB cable to my Laptop.

Pushing the WPS button on the new HUB has no effect.

I am still in the dark as to where the problem lies. Is it with the new HUB or is it the printer? I am reluctant to buy a new printer if the problem will persist.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi SCLHOLLY,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to read that your HP Printer won't connect to the wireless network.

On the Printer, I understand that it is unable to find your own network, however does it find other networks in your area?

You can try to change the wireless security within the router settings from WPA - AUTO to WPA - PSK AES to see if that will help?

Does the Printer have any symbol/light on it to show that the wireless is enabled?

Let me know how you get on
Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
SCLHOLLY
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the late reply. I've been away.

I did mention that I was completely non technical so have no idea how to implement your suggestion to "change the wireless security within the router settings from WPA - AUTO to WPA - PSK AES". Perhaps you could give me a step by step guide?

The printer has a wireless button on it which flashes a blue light when searching for a network. It becomes a steady blue light when connected. Currently, since installing the new router, the blue light just continues to flash so I assume it is not finding any network. It connected with no problem to the previous Virgin Router.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi SCLHOLLY

Thanks for getting back in touch.

To change the wireless security setting, you can follow these steps below.

• On the address bar of your browser, type in 192.168.0.1
  • It will ask you to sign in, which the details are written underneath the router itself.
  • Once logged in on the left, click into Wireless Network Settings.
  • Within here you will see Security Settings and you can change it here.

Do you know if the printer have a WPS facility? 

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Rob20171
Just joined
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I recently super hub 3.0 and I cannot get my HP  3050 J6 back onto the router.

I attempted your instructions but my only options for security are WPA and WPA2, both of which do not work.

Thanks

Rob.

0 Kudos
cro55paul
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I had similar problems with my HP Photosmart 6520 wireless printer with the VM super hub 3.0. I have now got this working by logging onto the super hub 3.0 and disabling 5Ghz wifi. After doing this my HP printer now connects to my super hub 3.0. After it connected I re-activated 5Ghz and everything is still working.

Regards

0 Kudos