Menu
Gemmamcook22
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wireless Network Disappears!

Hi,

I signed up to Virgin just under two months ago & since day 1 the Internet has been awful! Every 1-2 hours the wireless just disappears it's like the router just turns off it disappears off all devices and the only way to get the Internet back is to switch the router on and off and wait for the wireless to reconnect it's very frustrating and I work from home so not ideal!! And we've just received a letter saying our bill is going up wish we'd have stayed with our old supplier never had a problem with connection them :-( I've changed the wireless channel but that didn't help I don't think it's that sort of issue I think it's the actual router. Any ideas? I'm desperate!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wireless Network Disappears!

Hey there gemmamcook22,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

Really sorry to hear that you're experiencing connection problems, I know this is frustrating.

I just wondered if you have the same difficulties when you're using a hard-wired connection? If you don't have an Ethernet cable, let me know.

You may need to try a few wireless channels to be able to find the best one for your environment. I know this is tedious, but if there's lots of wireless interference in your area, it's necessary.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Gemmamcook22
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather

Thanks for getting back to me, I've tried every channel and without fail the wireless drops out, I've times it now because it seemed regular and it happens exactly every two hours?! The wired connection is the same once it's dropped when you plug in the cable it's like the router isn't there but once you turn it off and on its visible on all devices. Any ideas? Because as you said this is really frustrating I'm a new customer I've just had a letter saying my bill is going up and from day one what I've been getting from Virginia compared to my previous supplier is not good at all I never had any problems with wireless or internet before and the tv is glitchy too so all in all I'm not a very happy customer. Sorry for all the moaning but that's how I feel Smiley Sad

Thanks
Gemma
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey Gemma,

Thanks for getting back to me, it's much appreciated.

Sorry to hear that changing the channel doesn't help and this is also affecting your hard-wired connection and your TV service.

I think it would be a good idea to send an engineer around to take a good look at your set-up and make sure everything is as it should be.

I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to confirm an appointment.

Speak with you very soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos