Menu
qweasd101
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Wireless Connection Problem

Hi. Thank you for helping me.

The 2G wireless Internet of my house has some problems.

At first, it was just unstable for a while. If I restarted it, it would behave well for one day.

But recently,  all devices cannot connect to the 2G primary wireless and I had to create a first guest wireless network which is unstable but can be connected sometimes.

And my firewall showed that there is conflicted IP address in the local area network, but my roommate told me maybe it is because she has static IP for her PC. But she stopped to do this but the problem is still there.

I have tried every way I can find in the Internet but it does not work. Now I guess maybe it is  just the router that is broken and nothing with the software.

I really appreciate if you can give me any suggestions.

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection Problem

Hello qweasd101

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having problems with the hub wireless, I am actually wondering if there is more going on with your connection as well as the wireless issue however I would like to be certain I have identified it correctly. I will send you a forum private message to gather some more information, please reply when you have a moment.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection Problem

Hello qweasd101

Thank you for getting back, I wanted to be sure I was on the correct account. On top of your other problems the SNR measured at the hub is too low and this may cause some issues:-

34.2 dB        34.4 dB        34 dB        34 dB        33.5 dB        33.2 dB        33.1 dB        33.1 dB

So all in all I think it is best that we arrange an engineer appointment. I will send you a forum private message, please reply when you have a moment.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos