Menu
wj14
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wired connection keeps dropping

I have a 3.0 connected to a xbox one. The connection drops regularly (every day, multiple times) for short periods of time. usually between 5-30 seconds outage.

Streaming sites Netflix / Amazon Prime work fine probably because of the buffering, but when I try and play purchased videos from the Microsoft store the drops make them unwatchable, same thing happens when playing games like Fifa and other connection required games.

Has anyone had the same issue, or know of a fix.

Please help.... it's driving me nuts.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wired connection keeps dropping

Hi wj14, 

Thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear about your issues with your wired connection dropping, I can understand that this must be frustrating so apologies for any bother. 

I have tested things from here and everything looks great! No errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of your power levels are within the preferred ranges!

Are you still having these issues? If so, please respond to me here with a recent copy of your Hubs logs for me to compare with the data we have here. You can find these by opening your internet browser and typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, before you log in, top right hand corner it will say 'Router Status' click there and all the information needed is inside.

I look forward to your reply, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
wj14
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

hi Adam,

thanks for the response, sorry I can't provide the logs in fulllog1.jpglog3.jpg, as I only have a surface book with no lan port and cant directly connect to the hub.

Only the xbox one is wired to the hub, and trying to get the details into a web form is a nightmare.

I've included a couple of photos of the log

Ive set up a static ip for the xbox, and created all the port forwarding required (except for 53 which for some reason is reserved) which makes me think that this hub isn't compatible with xbox live.

thanks

james

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi wj14, 

Thanks for responding! 

Judging by the logs you've posted there does appear to be an issue, I can't see anything out of the ordinary from this end but I would like to arrange for an engineer to attend and investigate this further for you.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos