Menu
Crxk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wired connection drops.

I have 2 Ethernet cables running from my superhub 2, one to my PC and another to my Xbox one. For a few months now my wired connection would drop, for a few secounds, a couple times a day. 

What i found that if I am on both at the same time, my xbox will be the only one to lose the connection for a short time, kicking me from any online activity. (frustrating). While if I am only using my PC it will occur here. 

We've went through a couple of replacement routers over the years and we've always had problems with disconnections, either like this or including all devices wired and wireless.

Help that does not require an engineer to check our equipment, which would waste both our times would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Crxk
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wired connection drops.

Would you believe that in the past hour after resetting all my equipment and checking all my wires etc, this has happened over 10 times in the past 30 minutes. It's getting ridiculous.
0 Kudos
Crxk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Bump
0 Kudos
leemeluk
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Been having some DNS issues here that have been causing things to drop for the last couple of hours. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Crxk

Just to let you know I've found your duplicate post regarding this issue and replied to it here.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello leemeluk,

Thanks for posting, I have located your account to run a couple of checks on the hub and everything looks okay at the moment so please let me know if you're still experiencing issues.

Take care

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
bladgier
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi!

I have encountered the exact same problem. Got 200 here.

Internet was disconnecting every 3-10 minutes shutting down connection completely and then after 5-7s connection back again. 

Got Top download speed at 30 - 80 megs.

Turned out it was a faulty ethernet cable that was limiting the connection.

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos