Menu
XDShola
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Wired Connection fine, Wifi terrible.

Hi I've been with Virgin for over a year and not had any problems at all until recently. I've a number of devices connected wired and they work perfectly. The problem lies when I try to use say, my Android Phone, iPhone or iPad. The connection drops every 10 mins or so to the point im rarely connected to Wifi because its useless. Would somebody be able to point me in the direction of some help to work out why, and how, I can sort this out. Ive reset the router numerous times aswell as changing channels but still no joy.

My Router is the Superhub 3.0

Cheers.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wired Connection fine, Wifi terrible.

get a wifi scanning app and use it to check how crowded the wifi bands are in your area, both near the hub and at other places around your house.

Also do you have any baby monitors or other things that could be causing interference

XDShola
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wired Connection fine, Wifi terrible.

Thank you I got an App and walked around my Flat and it seems the signal drops significantly at the back end of my flat whereas at the front, where the router is situated is excellent. Looks like im on the look out for a Wifi extender thanks for your help mate.
0 Kudos