Menu
pottertea
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Wire Less

My wife phoned up the other day to ask if there is any way that someone can come out to fix our wireless problem we have had since Blueyonder first started our problem is we cant get a wireless connection in our back bedroom so basically you are saying there is nothing they can do but we go a leaflet today stating that you can get a netgear powerline wifi booster so what are they talking about there is nothing to sort it out with I have looked on my virgin media site to see where I can find this wifi booster but cant find it anywhere is it free. Ha I bet not.

Best Regards,

Tom

0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wire Less

There are many things that can limit the distance over which you can get a good wifi signal. If you have been trying for years it is likely you have had different routers and tried changing the location of the router (SHub) so it may be the construction of your house is attenuating the signal. I have this problem and have solved it by using a Powerline wireless access point. This requires one unit to be plugged in near your SHub and connected to it by an Ethernet cable. The wireless access unit can the be plugged in the area of low signal strength.

Limits of wifi due to your location are seen by VM as the customers responsibility so you would have to pay for the solution. VM sell adapters, but they can also be purchased elsewhere, such as Amazon or PC world etc. Various makes and specifications are available so you need to consider your requirements then spend some time checking reviews on line.
pottertea
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wire Less

Thanks for your help Vircom

0 Kudos