Menu
NickM83
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Windows update computer not connecting to internet

Hi Since I updated my computer in November I havent been able to connect to the internet. I have tried everything that has been mention in a previous post including release and renew and flushing the dns. None of these have worked. I have also downloaded a window patch which was advised to download when I could connect and this still has not worked. Since this update it has broken my pc. What am I supposed to do?!

0 Kudos
kevnjohn
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Windows update computer not connecting to internet

It I know it was happened with me. This Guide will help you to find the solution. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/818018

0 Kudos
NickM83
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Windows update computer not connecting to internet

No unfornately didnt help.
My computer installed the kb3201845 update and now it doesnt connect to the internet. I installed the following update to patch the problem KB3206632 and I am still having ip address problems. I cant connect to the internet. It connects to the router but no data packets come through.
I am still having 169.254.173.3 issue and when trying to release and renew flush dns etc it is saying:
no operation can be performed on Local Area Connection* 14 while it has its media disconnected
no operation can be performed on Local Area Connection* 16 while it has its media disconnected
I have no idea what to do. This update has killed my ability to do anything thats not on my phone.
0 Kudos