Menu
DustyJaneway
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Windows 10 laptop won't detect WiFi on new Super Hub 3

Hi,

I hope someone can help me.........

I've recently upgraded from a Super hub 1 to a Super Hub 3.

My iPhone 6S Plus and my Asus tablet both detect the WiFi signal and connect to my Super Hub 3 without any problems at all. However, my HP laptop running on Windows 10 just won't detect the WiFi on my Super Hub 3 at all!

I have searched Google for answers and have tried restarting my laptop, restarting my SH3, manually entering the SSID and password of my SH3 and I have also checked that my wireless adaptor has got the latest drivers installed - but nothing - no connection via WiFi. My laptop will only connect to the SH3 via an ethernet cable, which is not very practical for me whatsoever and I really need a wireless connection. (My laptop connected fine via WiFi to the SH1 - no problem at all).

Today I have taken my laptop to my friend's house, and they have a SH3. Straight away my laptop detected their network and I was able to connect to their WiFi without any problems.

So it must be a problem with my SH3 and not my laptop? Any ideas on how I can get my laptop to detect my SH3 WiFi? Woman Sad

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
DustyJaneway
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Windows 10 laptop won't detect WiFi on new Super Hub 3

Okay I have now somehow fixed the problem!

I activated/turned on the Guest Account (even though I really do not want this enabled). After doing so, my laptop suddenly detected both the main Home WiFi network and the Guest WiFi network! Woman Surprised

I left it for a few minutes and then I went back into my modem settings and switched the Guest Account off, because as I say, I really don't want it on.

And hey presto, I am still connected to my Home WiFi and my laptop totally 'sees' it! Woman Very Happy

sarahharvey99
Just joined
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Had tried various technical solutions which didn't work. This idea regarding the guest account did though. No idea why, but after a frustrating evening the laptop is working with our new hub! Thanks

All Replies
Argy
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It might be the Wireless security settings on your Hub3 are different from your friend's - you will need to check that out (especially if one of them is set to WPA Auto, and one is not).

It is possible that the profile for your wireless network has been corrupted on the laptop, so you need to delete the profile and reconnect.

To do this:

Press Win+I to open the Settings app. Select Network & Internet. Next click on Wi-Fi in the left panel. There you will see a link Manage Wi-Fi Settings. Click on it.

In the window which opens, you will see two settings – Wi-Fi Sense and Manage known networks. Under Manage Known networks, select the your home wifi, and you will see two options – Share and Forget.

Click on Forget. This will delete the Wireless Network’s profile and connection details.

Now see if your laptop will connect to your wifi.  If it doesn't automatically, try a reboot first.

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
DustyJaneway
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Argy. I'm back home now...

I did try this before and it didn't make any difference. Just had a go again now and have rebooted and my laptop is still not detecting my VM WiFi Smiley Sad I just don't get what the problem is Smiley Sad

I've logged into my Super Hub 3 via 192.168.0.1

I've ran a diagnostic test and the following 'errors' came back:-

Wired client on port 1 is running at 100 Mbps.

Device connected on port 1 is running at a lower speed of 100 Mbps and is not utilizing the full available speed.

Wired client on port 3 is running at 100 Mbps.

Device connected on port 3 is running at a lower speed of 100 Mbps and is not utilizing the full available speed.

Wireless guest network is Disabled on 2.4GHz.

Wireless guest network is Disabled on 5GHz.

Any ideas on how to fix the errors? Could the "disabled wireless guest network" be the problem?

0 Kudos
DustyJaneway
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Okay I have now somehow fixed the problem!

I activated/turned on the Guest Account (even though I really do not want this enabled). After doing so, my laptop suddenly detected both the main Home WiFi network and the Guest WiFi network! Woman Surprised

I left it for a few minutes and then I went back into my modem settings and switched the Guest Account off, because as I say, I really don't want it on.

And hey presto, I am still connected to my Home WiFi and my laptop totally 'sees' it! Woman Very Happy

sarahharvey99
Just joined
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Had tried various technical solutions which didn't work. This idea regarding the guest account did though. No idea why, but after a frustrating evening the laptop is working with our new hub! Thanks

Debbied30
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi I'm having the same problems with my sons HP laptop. Can I ask how you activated/turner on the guest account please?

Thanks
0 Kudos