Menu
jfy
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Win 10 upgrade - Ethernet doesn't have a valid ip configuration

Hi - I've just upgraded from win8 to win 10 and cannot connect to my SuperHub via ethernet. I get the error message '"Ethernet" doesn't have a valid ip configuration' when I run network diagnostics.

If I turn off my computer. Turn off the superhib and wait two minutes before turing it back on. Then once the superhub is back up, turn my pc back on again it does connect to the internet (ethernet conneciton). However, if I reboot the pc again it will not connect and I get the same error messge.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Win 10 upgrade - Ethernet doesn't have a valid ip configuration

Hi jfy, 

Thanks for posting to let us know you've had trouble with ethernet not getting a valid ip configuration since upgrading to Windows 10, This is a strange one.

I've had a look our end and all looks great.

Have you tried updating your ethernet networking card's driver software? This may help with obtaining a more stable connection.

It would be great if you could let us know how you get on with this.

Speak soon, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
RockerSBM
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi all!

Im getting the same problem. Ive done everything to sort it the driver is upto date ive unstalled it and reinstalled it all started after i updated to windows 10 last week! im not sure if its microsoft or the superhub. 

i have to restart the pc to get net back on it.

Cheers

shaun

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

RockerSBM wrote:

im not sure if its microsoft or the superhub. 

Easy to find out go back and install win 7 or 8.

0 Kudos
RockerSBM
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi jFY

Ive just found out that my dell pc hasnt been tested for windows 10 so firmware and drivers might not work right so i guess i have to wait till they do.

cheers

shaun

0 Kudos
mace
Tuning in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem.  Since upgrading to Windows 10 my Superhub only has a wireless connection.  The Ethernet connection from hub to PC does not appear to be working.  When analysing the connection the Windows message is 'Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration'.  As this appears to be a common problem are there any suggestion as to how it can be fixed?

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Super hub 3 now with windows 10 support!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

mace wrote:

I am having the same problem.  Since upgrading to Windows 10 my Superhub only has a wireless connection.  The Ethernet connection from hub to PC does not appear to be working.  When analysing the connection the Windows message is 'Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration'.  As this appears to be a common problem are there any suggestion as to how it can be fixed?

Try the suggestion in this post: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Wireless-Networking/Windows-10-super-hub-2-router-ok-for-iPad-et...

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
mace
Tuning in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Had a go. The program ran and at the end gave the message:

'Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them...'  Great I thought.  Restarted my PC but problem was still there.  I still have a wireless network connected to my home virgin media home network.  But my Ethernet connection to my PC is still shown as No Internet linked to Unidentified Network.  When I run the diagnostic option it still comes back with message "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration.

Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

mace wrote:

Had a go. The program ran and at the end gave the message:

'Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them...'  Great I thought.  Restarted my PC but problem was still there.  I still have a wireless network connected to my home virgin media home network.  But my Ethernet connection to my PC is still shown as No Internet linked to Unidentified Network.  When I run the diagnostic option it still comes back with message "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration.

Any other suggestions?

OK, so the SFC check didn't work, but did you try the suggestion by kbootb1 which followed immediately after my post in that topic? (asking as you haven't mentioned it.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos