Menu
Dunnone74
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Wifi

Ok,so after coming back to vm and being promised a good stable wifi,I can honestly say it's the worst service ever.
Contacting them,as we know is a waste of time as we all know all the checks to do and different router settings,the fact is that vm equipment is so poor and cannot cope with more than one device connected,I have been given the hub3 which apart from dropping on & off through day & night,it likes to reset itself for a laugh,funny thing is vm actually would charge you to upgrade you to a router that works
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Vxrdilly
Dialled in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wifi

Have you tried changing the channel setting to a new value?

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dunnone74,

I am sorry that you're dissatisfied with your Hub's performance. To be fair we don't usually promise a fast or stable connection over wireless as it's subject to too many variables.

I've tested your connection but can find no faults that might impact on your WiFi so I'd like you to take a look at the below links to our help articles and let us know if they help:

Optimising your Hub's wireless connection

Changing your Hub's wireless channel

All the best,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Vxrdilly
Dialled in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Have you tried changing the channel setting to a new value?

Dunnone74
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,I have had various calls to vm and they have instructed me to change settings inc the channel and it is ok for the first day or 2 but then it goes back to the same old problem and also keeps dropping completely on wired connections as well 😡
Thanks Paul
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

If the wired connections are dropping as well, then you may have a local circuit impediment,

Posting some basic diagnostic info may help.

Navigate to the hub's GUI using http://192.168.100.1
Don't log in, click the Router Status button in the top right of the screen.
Copy \ Paste the Downstream, Upstream, and Network Logs.

Don't worry about the formatting.

The trouble with wireless is that it can be adversley affected my a myriad of external factors like range, client hardware, the topography of your home, and the big killer. interference from neighbouring networks and domestic appliances. The wireless environment is dynamic so the best channel one day, may not be the best channel the next. The 2.4Ghz band is narrow and can get quite congested nowadays. The 5 Ghz band is wider and tends to be less congested. No ISP can promise stable wireless, it is not the nature of the beast.

Downloading a wireless scanner like InSSIDer, or WiFi Analyser for Android will help you select the best wireless channel.

0 Kudos
Dunnone74
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

hi there and thanks for your help but the http://192.168.100.1 has been saying unable to connect for the last 2 days now

thanks Paul

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I though 192.168.100.1 was for if you were in modem mode, otherwise the default is 192.168.0.1

0 Kudos
Dunnone74
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks I will try that
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

192.168.100.1 works in modem and router mode as it is address of the modem which is active in both modes.

Are you connecting to the hub with a wred connection?

Try rebooting the Hub, if that fails then a Factory Reset should fix it, bearing in mind that all passwords \ SSIDs etc. will revert back to yjeir dfaults printed on the Hub.

0 Kudos
Dunnone74
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi again,I am using a wired connection to connect,I will try again today,thanks again
0 Kudos