Menu
Darts
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wifi wont work

Hi my wifi has just stopped working I have a solid green bar at the bottom and a flashing green light which after a few mins flashes two red arrows i have tried turning it on and off but no joy any help would be much appreciated thanks. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
greeniegirl
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wifi wont work

Hello 

Sorry to hear your internet is off, with the green light at the bottom it means the router is not locking onto the network.  Since the red light appeared I would give it 15mins if your internet still isn't working and the green light at the bottom remains on I would use your 3g or 4g mobile and go to virginmedia.com/servicestatus page enter your post code and home telephone number and check if there is an area fault.  If there is no area fault raised at the moment then I suggest you ring 151 to see if an advisor can get your internet back on or book a tech visit.  If you do get a tech appointment and an area fault is raised the tech appointment will get cancelled so make sure to give the advisor your up to date mobile number.

Goodluck

I am a virginmedia employee but all opinions are my own.
0 Kudos

All Replies
greeniegirl
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello 

Sorry to hear your internet is off, with the green light at the bottom it means the router is not locking onto the network.  Since the red light appeared I would give it 15mins if your internet still isn't working and the green light at the bottom remains on I would use your 3g or 4g mobile and go to virginmedia.com/servicestatus page enter your post code and home telephone number and check if there is an area fault.  If there is no area fault raised at the moment then I suggest you ring 151 to see if an advisor can get your internet back on or book a tech visit.  If you do get a tech appointment and an area fault is raised the tech appointment will get cancelled so make sure to give the advisor your up to date mobile number.

Goodluck

I am a virginmedia employee but all opinions are my own.
0 Kudos
Darts
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the speedy reply I'll give it a go thank you.

0 Kudos
Darts
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi greengirl I took your advice and within a couple of hours virgin had fixed the problem cheers for the advice really appreciated thanks.
0 Kudos