Menu
Hightwr
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Wifi wont work but lan cable is good?

Hi im wondering if you could help me. My router for some reason works one minute then doesnt the next?. Everything that is hardlined into it is ok though. Im a bit lost and not sure what i can do to help it.
Any help is much appreciated thank you in advance.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi wont work but lan cable is good?

Wireless reception is affected by many factors like Range, Client hardware, the Topograpy of your home, and the big killer, Wireless interference.

First of all, I would ensure the Hub is placed in a central, open position, away from obstacles and electrical devices.

You could try changing the wireless channel manually. Downloading a wireless scanner like InSSIDer for Windows or WiFiAnalyser for Android would help by showing you the surrounding wireless networks, the channels they are broadcasting on, and their signal strengths, so you can select the best wireless channel.

Setting the Hub's radio setting to 300Mbps (or 40Mhz channel) is not advised on the 2.4GHz band as it takes up over half of the available spectrum, making it prone to wireless interference..

I would also check for other sources of wireless interference such as A\V streaming devices, Baby monitors, Chordless phones, Microwave ovens, Plasma TVs, Security systems, etc.

Using the wider, usually less congested 5Ghz band could help, if your client devices support it.

0 Kudos
Hightwr
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi wont work but lan cable is good?

It was working perfectly for 2 years there and now its just dipping in and out all the time. Ill try download the wifi thing on android and have a bash at that thanks buddy.
0 Kudos