Menu
Oli244
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wifi timer

Hi
My brother has put a timer on the wifi so it shuts off at 11 he's not an administrator for it I'm not too sure how he did it is there any way I can undo it ?
Cheers
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi timer

hiya @Oli244 seems rather strange your brother would do this, normally its the parents to check time limit has been applied on the hub could take a look at -> http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Switched-On-Families/Set-internet-time-limit-for-child/td-p/3138... and choose options always on, other option could be resetting the hub to default settings guide -> https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030... this will wipe out all settings applied
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Oli244
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hi 

the second link you say it will wipe all settings does this mean the whole wifi router will need to be reset? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

yes doing a reset will wipe out any settings been applied, e.g. wireless names, change of passphrase, port forwarding rules etc.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Oli244,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the forum Smiley Very Happy

I just wanted to pop by and see how you're getting on since your last post, have you successfully reset your Hub? Just to let you know that anyone who has access to your Hub will be able to reset it (physically) and if they're connected they will also be able to gain access to the settings.

I hope this helps, let us know if there's anything else we can do.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Oli244
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cheers to all who have helped for some reason the block is gone and I've not done anything to it so maybe someone else reset the hub not knowing it'd do something 😂 Thank you anyway I'll bare the information in mind if he puts it back on
0 Kudos