Menu
johnnysparks
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wifi speeds

Prob been posted before but here goes.
I've just upgraded to vivid 200 super hub 3.Now when my service went live I got brill speeds with pc wired over 200mb but it's the wifi that seems rubbish.
I done a speed test while I was speaking to tech support and got over 100mb on phone. Now only get if lucky max 25mb. Is this normal?? ( been testing it at all different times) almost sitting on the modem/router. As there are many devices on wifi in my house I'm going to imagine it's going to slow all up. So what can I do about this?
Thanks
Johnny
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi speeds

I think you may have diagnosed the problem yourself ... 'are many devices on wifi in my house' ... so if they are all connected at the same time they are all sharing the bandwidth so speed will suffer.  

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
johnnysparks
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

At time of me testing only my phone is on it. So getting about 25Mbits over wifi is normal then with just my device using it. Also in this day and age of a family of 4 all using wifi I would of thought it would be normal to have , let's say 4 devices using wifi to browse web and for a state of the art super hub 3 to cope?? Am I missing something here. Also my 4g gets more speed in my house! Not sure this is right.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi johnnysparks, 

Thanks for getting in touch I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your wireless connection. 

I have taken a look and your upstream power levels are too high. I would like to get an engineer out to have this corrected for you. 

As it may be the cause of the slow speeds or poor wireless connection. 

I will send you a PM to get this arranged. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos