Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 15 (212 Views)

Wifi only working for certain devices

I have a windows 10 laptop and various mobile devices connected to a Virgin Media Superhub, and the wifi has stopped working for some of the devices. The laptop can still connect both via wireless and Ethernet cable, but my Google Pixel phone and an iphone 6 now show as no internet connection on the wifi connections. I have tried a power reset and factory reset of the super hub without any success. Appreciate any further ideas !  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15 (179 Views)

Re: Wifi only working for certain devices

Hello jasondale

I am sorry you are having problems with the wireless I wonder what is going on. I notice that subsequently you have called in, have an engineer booked and he may well change the hub, please let us know how that goes, we are still here if you need us.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 15 (174 Views)

Hi, it seems to be working now for all my devices. Your staff indicated that similar problems had been reported in my area hence the engineer request, so I will need to cancel it. I had also subsequently restarted a separate wifi extender device so not clear if that was cause or something else.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 15 (169 Views)

I haven't called in yet as I have become curious how long it would take to get a reply on my 3 week old post. Its an issue that is effecting mainly the other people in my house rather than myself. But that is irrelevant and this is becoming a joke how long I've waited without a single word from VM person.

Hard to imagine but I guess the forum support has become worse than the phone support.

My post:
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-wireless/Wifi-dropping-from-mobile-devices/td-p/...
Forum Team
Message 5 of 15 (149 Views)

Hello anTastico,

Thanks for posting, sorry for not replying sooner, it looks like we might have missed your other post Smiley Sad

Apologies for the intermittent connection you're experiencing. Does this happen on your wireless and wired connections?

Catch up with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 15 (145 Views)

[ Edited ]

Just wireless, wired seems fine.  I've been away since my last post so not had chance to chase it up. There is plenty information about it on my post.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 15 (129 Views)

Hey anTastico,

Thanks for a quick reply Smiley Happy

So from what you've said I understand this is an issue linked with power line adapters, what make are they? Have you ensure the software is up to date on the adapters?

Speak with you very soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 15 (123 Views)

The issue with the adapter was a small side issue I thought I would mention while I was here. From what Tsar said on my post, the Plug I use has a built in "power saving" mode so it could well be that, as it only happens now and then.

The main issue I'am having is with my wifi dropping (but not disconnecting from said devices) and requiring either, forgetting the network and reconnecting OR rebooting my modem (Super Hub 2) This is almost happening on a daily basis now.

The wired connection to my main PC is mostly fine. I did have an issue last few days where some sites would load while other did not. I was planning on running a few trace routes a bunch of site but by the time I got to the ones that didn't load, they loaded.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15 (110 Views)

Hi anTastico,

Thanks for getting back to us.

In regards to the wireless disconnecting, does this happen on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz network?

Have you tried to change the wireless channel to see if that will improve the connection?

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 15 (100 Views)

A month later and you are asking me questions that were in the original thread...

Yes this is happening on both and yes I have changed channel and no, it did not help.

0 Kudos