Menu
ADnJO
Settling in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Wifi not connecting - error code 651

Hello all

Has anyone got an answer as to why my Super Hub 2ac is not recognising wifi connections any more?

This started after I tried installing Home Group home network from a laptop running Windows 10.

The laptop stopped connecting after I cancelled the HomeGroup installation, and now nothing connects to wifi, as in three phones which have previously worked ok.

When trying to connect, I get error code 651, and have gone through the checklist on microsoft support - all drivers,etc are up to date and check out as working.

Their last suggestion is a router problem - any sugestions?

EDIT: I am connecting to the internet using a wired connection which works fine

Thanks in advance,

Adam

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wifi not connecting - error code 651

Have you tried a full reset of your SuperHub ? - It may has stopped responding and need a reset.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Are you able to login to the web interface of the router to see if it shows that wireless is disabled ? - This could be a possibility and just needs to be re-enabled.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It may be that your router is faulty and needs to be replaced. 

There are staff members that respond to posts on this public forum but it takes them around a week to reply, so you may be quicker giving them a call or contact them via Live Chat

-

0 Kudos

All Replies
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Have you tried a full reset of your SuperHub ? - It may has stopped responding and need a reset.

-

0 Kudos
ADnJO
Settling in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've tried the reset button, also switching the router off and back on, and unplugging it and reconnecting after a couple of minutes.

After it resets, it still only connects through the wired connection.

The WPS button does not light up at all, and flashes orange for a couple of minutes then red after being held in.

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Are you able to login to the web interface of the router to see if it shows that wireless is disabled ? - This could be a possibility and just needs to be re-enabled.

-

0 Kudos
ADnJO
Settling in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'll have a look, back in a moment....

0 Kudos
ADnJO
Settling in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Both 2.4 and 5.0 are enabled, and on WPA2 security.

SSID, passphrase and channel are where they should be

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It may be that your router is faulty and needs to be replaced. 

There are staff members that respond to posts on this public forum but it takes them around a week to reply, so you may be quicker giving them a call or contact them via Live Chat

-

0 Kudos
ADnJO
Settling in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help, I thought it may be a faulty router.

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No worries at all.  It is always best to try and rule everything else out first.

-

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi ADnJO,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to read you are having an issue with your devices connecting to the Super Hub.

From what you have mentioned, it does sound like the router is faulty and for this I can send you a replacement. If you can send me a Private Message confirming your address, I can order this for you.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos