Menu
Duddy1985
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wifi keeps dropping

Hi,

Few a few weeks now my wifi keeps dropping out, i have restarted the router, done a scan for what channels are being used around my home and adjusted the channel to utilise the less used frequency but the wifi keeps dropping.  Its on all devices connected to the super hub over wifi, my other devices connected via ethernet have no issues.

Can i request for a replacement hub on here?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi keeps dropping

Hello Duddy1985

Welcome to our lovely forum, I am sorry you are having a few problems with wireless, it can be so difficult to investigate as there are so many variables outside of our control. However as you say it may well be the hub, before we replace it please would you try a factory reset and let us know how it goes Resetting your Virgin Media Hub

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Duddy1985
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I tried rebooting and it seems a little better but now having connection issues. I did some ping tests with thinkbroadbands quality and it's not looking very good. Could you do some tests on the line.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/8a81da18cf70588152f67d2271d39197.html

Thanks,
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Duddy1985

Thanks for doing a reset, pleased the wifi seems to have improved. I have just run some checks, the line and hub levels all look good, quite a few upstream T3 timeouts against the modem but this may be because of area SNR issues that are now resolved, sorry about that as that may have explained some of  your connection issues. Please try a hub power off/on as this will reset our network counters so we may keep an eye on it from now on, oh and please keep us updated.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos