Menu
vkb2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wifi keeps disconnecting

Hi all. I've been having problems with my Wifi for a long time now. I've gone through the forums and have

a) reset the router - several times a week

b) changed the channel to 11 (I've now reset it to auto)

c) set the router back to factory settings

The wifi keeps dropping, especially when connecting to it via my iphone 5s. My husband has the same problem. Today I ran out of mobile data (EE network) because unbenowst to me the wifi dropped out when I was uploading a video to facebook.

This is becoming a big deal, especially since we got SONOS at Xmas and it keeps telling us we can't connect to it as there is no wifi connection. Or we connect to SONOS and then can't change teh volume or add another song as it drops out unilaterally. And as said, I just lost all my data half way through the month as Wifi decided to stop working.

We moved to Virgin because of the speed of the broadband and because I wasn't getting reliable service from Sky. But I'm ready to move back again (it would be cheaper as we retained the SKy TV subscription). it's been like this for months btu has been much worse recently. Is it a problem with our router (SUperHub 2)?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi keeps disconnecting

Hi vkb2,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read you are having an issue with the wireless disconnecting. I can imagine how annoying this must be.

You mentioned you have changed the channel to 11 and to Auto, have you tried any other channel numbers?

Are you using any power line adaptors or another router by any chance?

Do you get any issues if you connect through wired?

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
vkb2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Sam. I can't recall what other channels I tried. 

I use a wired Devolo to extend the wired connection via the electricity to my study, but going in and coming out of the Devolo it's an Ethernet cable. I use Netgear Network extenders to extend the wifi connection.

However, this problem is new and I haven't changed my setup. I think I have found what the problem is (see link below) and it seems to indicate the need for a new router. I switched the router to WPA-2 but it keeps turning back randomly to WEP. Sometimes it then asks me for my password again and even though the password is correct, it tells me it is wrong, sometimes multiple times.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Superhub-2-WiFi-issue-driving-me-crazy/td-p...

How do I go about replacing the router?

0 Kudos
vkb2
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi vkb2,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I appreciate you found an article on the community that relates to your issue.

In regards to replacing the router, can you send me a Private Message confirming your name and address please and I will arrange this for you.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey,

Thanks for confirming your details, I appreciate it.

I've sent you a replacement router which you will receive within the next few days and you will need to call through for activation. Just a reminder that the wireless settings will be different, however it will be written underneath the router.

If there are any further issues by all means let me know.

Regards

Sam

vkb2
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your support on this Sam, much appreciated!
0 Kudos