Menu
shoops
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wifi keeps disconnecting

Hi. I spoke to someone on the phone about this problem before Christmas and after changing a few settings they said it wouldn't happen again. Unfortunately it is still happening. I keep losing wifi. It happens on different devices all over the house. It goes off every few minutes, sometimes for a few seconds, sometimes for a few minutes. I'd appreciate it if someone could help me out please.

Many thanks, shoops

0 Kudos
Gizz
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi keeps disconnecting

Have same problem as well, the other day it happened on a rare occasion that the landline was being used as well and both cut off.

0 Kudos
Loughhill
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What superhub have you got?

0 Kudos
shoops
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Superhub 3.0.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi shoops

Welcome to the community. I'm really sorry to learn of the intermittent connection you've been experiencing over wifi. When checking it looks like you've had tech visit recently. Has everything been resolved since the visit?

Speak soon,

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
shoops
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

The engineer said that the problem is utilisation issues and there's nothing they can do about it. The issue has been going on for 2 years apparently and might be resolved in mid March but I've been told it will probably be longer.

I've just spoken to a manager at Virgin and explained that it's dropping out every few minutes and it's impossible to use effectively. I'm angry because nobody told me when I joined Virgin a few months ago that this area had utilisation issues. That would be okay if they now accepted the service is virtually useless and let me cancel mid contract but they want £240 to cancel. Myra, the manager, said I'm getting 6GB a month and that showed I was getting a good service. What she couldn't comprehend is that if you're on a live chat or the CMS I occasionally use, you get kicked off every few minutes and lose work or the line to the person you're talking to.

She was adamant that because I was getting access to the internet they were fulfilling their part of the contract. I asked her, if she bought a new car and it cut out every mile she could still travel 100 miles but the journey would be a nightmare. obviously she would take it back to the garage and if they couldn't fix it she would want a refund. (I don't want a refund, just to cancel early) What's more, if she found out they knew the car had a problem when they sold it to her, she would be furious. That's what I'm experiencing. The other evening I left 4 episodes of Modern Family downloading on Sky, the next morning they were still downloading and that's with a 100mb connection. I have no intention of being ripped off and just accepting it. I'm ashamed to say I put the phone down on her because I was so angry (Though I remained polite at all times)

Simon

0 Kudos
shoops
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have resolved this matter. I thought other might like to see how.

After speaking to an engineer it turns out that my utilisation issues were measured at 90% when it's normally about 10%. He said he had never seen it so high. The issue has been in my area since June 2015 so clearly it was there when I signed up to Virgin in May 2016. The issue is due to be resolved in March 2017.

I was very unhappy that I hadn't been made aware of this when I signed up for Broadband or in the numerous phone calls I've made to Virgin since I joined. I phoned customer services last week and spoke to Myra, a manager. She was very abrupt and unhelpful and insisted I have been getting a good service and I couldn't cancel my contract early. We spoke for 30 minutes and despite several people at Virgin agreeing my Broadband has been diabolical (It continually drops out) she wasn't going to allow me to cancel without paying £240 termination fees.

Fast forward to this week. This morning I decided to try again before sending a letter of complaint. This time I was put through to Ryan at Customer Relations. Ryan was incredible. Just from reading the notes on my account he apologised for the service I've received and told me Myra had been completely wrong to tell me I wasn't entitled to cancel early. He told me that it was clear Virgin haven't kept to their part of the contract and I could terminate immediately. I asked for a couple of weeks to sort out an alternative supplier to which he readily agreed. It's a shame Virgin didn't tell me about this serious issue in the first phone call after I had it installed. It's also a shame that Myra thinks it's more important to stop a customer who has received a diabolical service ending his contract early than doing the right thing and giving Virgin a good reputation. I'm sure for every customer like me there are hundreds of thousands of customers that receive a great service. Unfortunately for Virgin, it only takes one mistreated person like me to spread the word and cancel out all those that are happy with the service they provide. Myra's fault I'm afraid.

0 Kudos