Menu
sambosam24
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wifi keeps cutting out

Hi, 

My wifi keeps cutting out every 5 - 10 minutes. It requires turning wifi on and off to restart. Details below. 

Thanks

Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 20.16.56.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-02 at 20.16.44.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-02 at 20.16.34.png

0 Kudos
sambosam24
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi keeps cutting out

any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sambosam24,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're having trouble with your wireless. I've just checked your connection from here and can see no issues so this looks to be down to the wireless signal. 

I'd suggest trying different wireless channels to see which works best in your area. Give that a go and let us know how you get on.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
mrtea79
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I think I have the same problem - basically the wifi works well all through the house with a good signal, then for no apparent reason it cuts out and the network is no longer visible. The only thing that resolves it is a reboot of the router. 

I am monitoring the signal to noise ratio and consistently seeing signal at 75%, noise at 15%, SNR of 35. Doesn't vary a great deal.

Virgin Media keep telling me it's interference due to other electrical equipment, but this is unlikely as we have no new electrical equipment, also we live in a detached house. I have tried ALL the channels, I'm currently on 11 which seems to work the best - but it STILL keeps cutting out. 

I am becoming convinced there is a major issue with the Superhub 2 routers based on a lot of articles and forum threads I have read. Virgin don't seem to want to acknowledge this. 

Has anyone found that replacing the router itself works?

0 Kudos
hopes5
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We are having the same problems, the WIFI is OK then for no reason cuts out on laptops phones etc. I can pick up other peoples WIFI signal in our close so it's NOT as virgin try to say sometimes the construction of the house.
Another thing they tell us is that the wire may have a kink in it where they put it under the door originally NOW of course they claim its not their job to run cables THEY APPARENTLY JUST LIKE OUR MONEY but want us to fix issues and if not TOUGH LUCK PAY THEM FOR NOTHING or WELL TO LISTEN TO SOME FOREIGNER WITH BAD ACCENT when speaking English to tell us to try another channel WHICH then does the same thing as before, IE CUT OUT. I AM AS MADDD AS HELL they said it may be our TP LINK so have ordered their own recommended one BUT we dont have much faith but will wait and see.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi hopes5,

Thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing a similar issue with your connection.

I've located your account and I can see that you've called us since posting to discuss this further.

I am unable to detect any faults with either the equipment or network segment at present.

Please let me know if you're still experiencing problems with your connection.

Thanks again,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
diowil4
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

I have the same problem. My WIFI keeps cutting out every couple of minutes. I have tried to change channels - same result. It requires turning WIFI on and off to restart. I have that problem from the beginning ( about a year). I didn't bother about the problem because I use LAN connection which works OK but my wife usually uses WIFI. All I hear from her is complaining about the connection and she is right. Every time I use my mobile I have the same problem after ~ 5 min.

I think this is a problem with the router (Super Hub 2ac ). Why? Because recently I have connected my old BT Home HUB (5G/2G) and guess what? It works marvellously in every room and even in the garage and no matter how long I use it - no problem at all. So this is not a channel or building construction problem. If I use them both only Virgin Media Super Hub 2ac fails. So please tell me who can I contact to fix or exchange my router.

Thanks

0 Kudos
diowil4
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos