Menu
Nemesislee
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wifi issues

Every so often usually up to three times a day now my wifi disconnects and disappears.

When I notice on my devices that it's not connected to wifi I go to the individual settings to re connect. Only problem is that my two wifi spots are no longer visible. This then means I have to go to the super hub and unplug it and wait then plug it back in. This corrects the problem but I shouldn't need to keep doing this? The devices also can't connect to it via the ip log in either.

Any help would be great
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
boronet
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wifi issues

Hello Heather,

Would the solution you suggest cure the problems listed? The issue isn't that the Wi-Fi is transmitting and not carrying to remote units. Certainly in my case there is no signal leaving the router, ie: the 2.4GHz and 5GHz lights are both on steady or off altogether. As I understand it both of these lights should blink when working correctly. Only a disconnect from power temporarily cures the problem.

0 Kudos

All Replies
boronet
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I don't have a solution - just the same problem! I have a Superhub 2 and have had to reset it in excess of 50 times to restart Wi-Fi over the last 10 days. Previously it had only ever required 2 or 3 resets in 2 years. It may be coincidence but the problem started just after a break in Broadband service which lasted several hours. My PC which is hard wired to the hub is not affected.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey Nemesislee, 

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry for the wireless problems you're experiencing. Try a few different wireless channels as very often this will improve the performance of your network. 

Let us know if this helps, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
boronet
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello Heather,

Would the solution you suggest cure the problems listed? The issue isn't that the Wi-Fi is transmitting and not carrying to remote units. Certainly in my case there is no signal leaving the router, ie: the 2.4GHz and 5GHz lights are both on steady or off altogether. As I understand it both of these lights should blink when working correctly. Only a disconnect from power temporarily cures the problem.

0 Kudos
Nemesislee
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm still getting the same issue nothing cures it. Im constantly turning it off and on to get the wifi to show up again. Terrible!!
0 Kudos
Nemesislee
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm currently trying it out. If it happens even once more I will post cause I've had enough. I pay for data on my phone for out and about not to use in my own home.

Thanks

Lee
0 Kudos
Nemesislee
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well trying a different band didn't work currently at home using my data up again because the wifi has stopped again !!!
0 Kudos