Menu
geowar
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wifi issues

Spoke to a chap in the faults department yesterday about ongoing issues with my broadband, namely wifi dropping out constantly, but all he seemed interested in was the result of the speed test he had me do.

Having explained my PC is connected by ethernet cable to the router I said this was not a relevant test but did it regardless. My personal problem is very slow loading of web pages to the extent of having to click multiple times to change page.

The wifi problem is slowly getting worse and his tinkering at his end has made no difference.

What course of action should I take to get this problem resolved - I would phone again but we seem to have lost our landline at the moment!

Regards

George

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
andyjstew
Up to speed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wifi issues

Perhaps worth giving them a call and requesting a replacement router, they may be difficult with you though and ask you to pay extra for the new router as they claim that the wi-fi segment is an "added feature" and as long as the Ethernet connections are working fine then they "see no fault" keep on at them though and hopefully you will get through to someone who is helpful for a change.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

All Replies
andyjstew
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi geowar,

Have you tried changing the Wi-Fi channel on the router to make sure it's not being caused by interference from other wi-fi routers nearby?

0 Kudos
geowar
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi andyjstew

Yes I had already gone through every setting option I knew of and the vm chap said he had locked it to channel 11 - I think that is what he meant anyway.

It just seems to me that the wifi part of the router is starting to fail. It is the superhub 2 and quite elderly now

0 Kudos
andyjstew
Up to speed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Perhaps worth giving them a call and requesting a replacement router, they may be difficult with you though and ask you to pay extra for the new router as they claim that the wi-fi segment is an "added feature" and as long as the Ethernet connections are working fine then they "see no fault" keep on at them though and hopefully you will get through to someone who is helpful for a change.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos