Menu
chrskng
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wifi issue with Samsung S7 edge

Hey,

Recently joined VM and having issues with my Samsung phone connecting to wifi.

Been googling and it seems to be a common issue, just wondering if there was a definitive solution for this issue. The phone connects to wifi and when I run a speed test, seems to be alright 40-50ish mbps (sometime more) but... when loading webpages or apps it seems to be really slow. Also, when running speed tests I sometimes get "network communication issues".

In addition, I can't seem to detect my NAS... picks up ok on my PC/iPad etc. - just not visible to my phone.

I've renamed the 2.4 and 5ghz frequencies and tried connecting to each - problem seems to be the same on either one.

Understand this is a Samsung phone problem - just hoped someone might have some ideas. It's driving me nuts.

Chris

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi issue with Samsung S7 edge

Have you checked the Samsung website to see if there is a firmware update for your model of phone?

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
chrskng
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Phone is up-to-date, I think.

When I say the issue is with the phone, I didn't have the issue a week or so ago when I was with Sky - it's only happened since switching to Virgin.

TBH, I'm a bit lost.

Running a speed test on my phone (just now) I get 200 mbps download but then a "Network communication issues" error when attempting the upload test. Closing it an trying again I just got 129 DL and 12 UL.

I don't seem to be disconnecting, it's just really slow opening webpages and loading apps like twitter, facebook etc.

Another strange thing is that even when connected to wifi my phone is not showing up on routers connected devices page.

There is something up but what it is.... I'm stumped.

0 Kudos
chrskng
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Does anyone have any ideas?

The phone works absolutely fine on my work wifi - no lagging when searching the web or using apps, so the problem is definitely Virgin/Router related.

0 Kudos
chrskng
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Would appreciate any help ... It's driving me mad. How do you get someone from the forum team involved?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hiya chrskng,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read that you are having issues with the wireless connection on your Samsung S7 Edge.

Have you tried to change the wireless channel or the security to see if that will help?

Is there any other app or software enabled in the background that might be causing interference, such as Bluetooth? Have you turned off the 3G/4G once connected to the wireless network?

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
chrskng
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply...

I did manage to fix this myself. Set up a guest network and when i connect to that my phone works fine... would love to know why??
0 Kudos