Menu
foleygang
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Wifi is connected but no internet access

I have a VMDG480 super hub router.

internet and wireless had been working fine then yesterday my Ethernet  pc is connected working perfectly ok but all our wireless devises are no longer working, it says its connected but no internet access. can anyone help? want sorted today!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi is connected but no internet access

sorted today means ringing and hoping offshore can work their way through it - it takes VM here up to a week to get to threads

let me be sure what you are saying as it comes across slightly confused - well it does to me - so

wired pc connects fine to internet but wifi devices do not - if thats the case have you reset the hub - that would change any wifi passwords you had set back to default - it may not be you who reset the hub as it can happen for other reasons 

so check the passwords and SSID's are as you expect them to be - if thats all ok then a full reset might be a good idea - again if you have changed the passwords or any other settings they will revert to default

EDIT

would add the SH1 that you have is well past its sell by date - a call to retentions should get that updated for free or postage cost [at worst] - it may be that its faulty but if you resolve the problem you have now just ring retentions and tell them the wifi is awful - which it is - no need to go into more details as that should get you a new one

you could ring retentions now assuming its faulty and work on 2 fronts to solve the problem

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
foleygang
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

yes wired pc is fine wireless devises say they are connected but there's no internet access.

I have reset hub all passwords etc remain the same as before. have also redone network connections from devises but still not connecting properly.

Edit

Will see if can get a replacement hub then thank you.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

see my edit above - if all is set correctly the it looks like the hub is faulty - ring retentions - not goung to solve it today but should get things moving

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi foleygang, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear that you've been having issues with your WiFi being connected but there's no internet access, apologies for any inconvenience.

I have had a look form here and your connection looks great! Your Hub is online, no errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of your power levels are where they should be.

Are you still having these issues? If so, please respond to me here with a recent copy of your Hubs logs for me to compare with the data we have here. You can find these by opening your internet browser and type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, before you log in, it will say 'Router Status' in the top right hand corner, click there and all the information needed is inside.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out