Menu
tuti
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Wifi interrupted

I'm really tired of the connection!! My fibre wifi is stopping all the time, time after time I have to turn it on and off.
No matter what time of day !!
Solution ??
Change provider ?

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi interrupted

you can go modem mode and get your own cable router and run your own wireless network then run theres

one good router is 

TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Cable Router

its got good wireless network 

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
tuti
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your answer. Only i shouldn't be buying a modem when I already pay a lot of money for internet only, which is supposed to be faster and more reliable as it is fibre.
But nevertheless thank you.
0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

the router vm provders is only good for some things but not all things one is wifi a bit crap they need to sort it out with a better software and firewire you still have to use the modem with vm you just have to put it in modem mode and put a other router to it in slot number 1 and it blocks the rest of the slots on vm hubs but with a other router you can chack for updates for it and install them ps vm hubs does not get good signals from the wireless network and everyone will say you can run your own routers with vm hubs and most of the people here run there own routers with the hubs every provider routers have there down side even bt, plusnet, sky, post office most of them don't like you turning it to modem mode and use your own routers with the hubs and it is not a modem you going to buy its a cable router its diff.

cable routers don't have dsl connection. Only LAN connection and usb slots and don't have coaxial connection. this can run with virgin media no problem.
modem routers have dsl connection not got coaxial connection and can't run with virgin media.

and some staff here says its ok to run your own routers with there hubs

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

1st you need to identify if it really is the wireless that's the problem or your actual internet connection.

The best way to do that is to connect something to the Virgin router with a network lead and see if you have the same problems.

If you do then its the internet connection or a problem with the router and you can hassle CS about it.

If it works fine, then its your wifi.

Easiest and cheapest solution is to get a cheap router with good wifi specs off of ebay, disable its DCHP and use it as a wireless access point.

Also get one of the many wifi diagnostic apps for your phone (or pc) and use it to check if you maybe having conflicts with neighbours wifi.