Menu
Kelrowland
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Wifi connectivity issues

Hi,

We have a Hub 3.0 that is currently not connecting to the internet. It keeps connecting then disconnecting straight away - no other lights apart from the white led base
Turned it on and off several times but still great same

Can anyone help?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi connectivity issues

Hi Kelrowland,

I'm really sorry for your connection issues. Even more so when I tested from here and discovered the extremely high amount of timeouts your Hub is reporting along with high downstream power levels. Further checks of your network segment indicated that low channel SNR is the cause.

I have escalated this up to Networks for attention and shall let you know as soon as they get back to me with a fault reference. I've also noted this on your account. 

As soon as the Network Engineer (when he/she is assigned) identifies the faulty equipment/cable etc responsible a fix will be forthcoming.

Apologies once again as I can see your connection is, quite frankly, awful at the moment. I shall keep you updated Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kelrowland,

Networks have accepted my escalation and assigned this fault reference F005214165. I shall check back on this tomorrow for progress and keep you updated.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kelrowland,

I've just checked on F005214165 for you and note it was closed earlier today.

The network errors subsided before the assigned technician was able to pinpoint the cause. This does mean there is a possibility that it may return, so if you get any further issues please post an update and we'll deal with it for you.

All the best,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Kelrowland
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Still receiving problems and the connection speed is still awful - any chance anyone can relook at it?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kelrowland,

Thanks for getting back to us and apologies you are still having an issue with your broadband connection.

From checking your connection, I can see that there is an issue with the downstream power levels being too high as my colleague Jen mentioned. For this I would like to arrange an engineer appointment to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Look forward to hearing from you

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Kelrowland
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Same connectivity and speed issue

A couple of weeks ago my wifi kept cutting out and was receiving little speed
an engineer came out a couple of weeks ago to fix it who said there was a connection problem from the box to the house - he apparently fixed this however the problem is even worse than before
Why is this happening?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Same connectivity and speed issue

Evening Kelrowland,

Thanks for getting back to us and apologies you are still having an issue with the broadband.

From checking your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. The reference number is F004927687 and has a review date of 6th December.

In regards to the disconnections, does this happen on both wired and wireless devices? Do any lights change on the router at all?

Speak to you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Kelrowland
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Same connectivity and speed issue

Thanks for your response

I don't believe that it the speed issue is down to peak times as I've ran tests during the day and in the early hours of the morning (12am-1am) and I still get the maximum of 5 when I should be getting up to 100 -
I understand I may never get a 100 but if I wanted 5 I would have stayed with sky (where it was cheaper)

In regards to connection, it's on wireless - it cuts out flashes white at the bottom then have to turn it on and off to get it to work
I can't check wired as I use it for streaming nowtv/Netflix on my tv and the Xbox and the connection is nowhere near them to plug it in
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Evening Kelrowland,

Thanks for the reply.

If you are getting slow speeds outside peak hours, there could be another issue that is causing this. However we would need speed tests completed through a wired connection, whilst the Hub is in modem mode to eliminate other devices connected. With wireless as there are so many factors that can cause interference within the property this can have an impact to the connection. You can try to change the wireless channel to see if that will help.

Speak soon
Sam

0 Kudos