Menu
briandoc
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wifi connection problems with new super hub 3

Since getting the latest virgin router i have been unable to connect by wifi to my HP Photosmart air printer, Airport Express and Chromecast Audio.

The printer and the Chromecast are visible on my devices i.e. phone but are ghosted out and are unable to be selected.

I suspect the problem is with the router which is hard wired to the v6 box and works ok as a wireless internet connection to my desktop and laptop macs.

With the previous Superhub 2 my printer and airport express worked well.

I have rebooted the hub to no avail.

It is as though the I can connect the devices wirelessly and the show up on my devices but there is no communication between the new router and the devices for them to operate!

Can anyone help/

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi connection problems with new super hub 3

Hello briandoc

I am sorry you are having problems with Chromecast and your printer, I wonder if it is a hub firewall issue and some ports need forwarding Setting Up Port Forwarding and Port Triggering on your Virgin Media Hub (by the way please open ports in ascending order ie lowest to highest)

It is best to obtain the actual ports from the manufacture, I had a quick look but not sure of you exact model. Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
briandoc
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola, Thanks for your reply. I have managed to get the Chromecast Audio working across my virginmedia router but am unable to get my HP Photosmart B110 printer to print out wirelessly. The printer can be linked over wifi to my router but refuses to print. I can scan wirelessly only. I just get the message stating printer is offline. I have reset my router and downloaded latest printer software and drivers. I am unable to get it to work from my MacBook Pro, IPad 2 and iPhone 6. The printer works ok when hard wired. Any further suggestions. Thanks. Brian
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us about this briandoc,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble experienced with your connection.

I've had a look at everything from this end and I'm unable to detect any faults relating to this.

Having had a look at your wireless settings though, I recommend Changing your Virgin Media Hub's wireless channel in order to improve this type of connection.

Let us know how you get on with this,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos