Menu
leannejaay
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wifi calling on my iPhone 6S won't work now?

I'm connecting to my wifi(obviously) and I reset my phone, it used to have wifi calling showing at the top of my phone; but it's not showing now I've reset it. I've done everything possible. Reset phone signal holding home and power screen. Taken aim out and reset network settings, and turnt it on and off. It's currently on 'on' and it's not showing up even a while later. I don't understand why it won't show. I have problems in my village with my local mast to which my device provider is affected (EE) so they say to use wifi calling which I usually use anyway til this problem of it not showing up; and it's left on now; not showing on the tip of my screen, and I know it's not working as the signal is still really really poor. Help?!
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi calling on my iPhone 6S won't work now?

Virgin Mobile doesnt do wifi calling

0 Kudos
leannejaay
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm not using virgin mobile? I'm on the EE network and using my wifi which is Viegin broadband for wifi calling? And it worked previously also on my old contact number.
0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Might be worth turning the feature on and off on the iPhone, I am guessing no hardware changes have occurred from when you were previously using it? You know like a new hub? Sometimes doing a reset of all network settings on the iPhone itself can help
shanicosta
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As far as I know, it is a Problem Many Peoples. But i am recently read wifi calling issues    articles and i solved my problem via this thread

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey leannejaay,

Thanks for your post, welcome to the forum!

The most efficient way to test Wi-Fi calling is to put your iPhone into Airplane Mode and then manually turn on your Wi-Fi. This will disable your mobile network and only connect to your wireless. If it works and you're able to make a call, then the feature is working, if not, we know we have a fault.

Let us know how you get on,

Take care.  

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos