Menu
Mrsmegal
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Wifi button illuminated

I have a virgin media router and my wifi wasn't working. I turned the router off and on again and it illuminated white at the bottom ( as usual ) and then the wifi signal button illuminated green for some reason ... it is still like this now

What do I do ?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi button illuminated

Hello Mrsmegal,

Thanks for joining the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about your recent connection problems. I've just looked at your Hub and noticed that all of your downstream power levels are out of range. I'm not sure if this is directly related to the flashing light you mentioned, but it's important we get this resolved to ensure your connection is performing at it's best. We will need to arrange for an engineer to call around. I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to arrange this.

Speak with you very soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi button illuminated

As for the WiFi light, if it's flashing and your WiFi is still working, a search on the term "flashing" will reveal the discussion and cause of the phenomenon.

For some reason, the Hub "thinks" there is a request to join WiFi when there isn't. Sometimes, pressing the WPS button, or turning WPS off suppresses the green light. It's a firmware bug.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)