Menu
Hambos35
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wifi and Ethernet issues

Hi I have superhub 2ac, which doesn't seem to be at all super.
For the last few days my wifi signal on 2G has been intermittent at best, on 5G it seems somewhat better, and no problems with my pc connected by Ethernet. However all changes this evening, now I have 5G, no 2G at all and the Ethernet connection drops out frequently! I have tried switching the router off and on everyday - several times. And have pressed the reset button on the back, which worked for a short while but now it's worse than ever. HELP PLEASE!!!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi and Ethernet issues

It would be wise to look at the wred side first  Posting some basic diagnostic info may help.

Navigate to the hub's GUI using http://192.168.100.1
Don't log in, click the Router Status button in the top right of the screen.
Copy \ Paste the Downstream, Upstream, and Network Logs.

Don't worry about the formatting, but do obscure personal information like your WAN IP address.

stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Regarding you're wifi issues. Can you get a wifi scanning app for your phone and see if you're conflicting with neighbours wifi and whether or not you need to set your channels manually.
Also do you have any baby monitors. The 2.4 band is a lot more crowded then the 5 and thing like baby monitors and quite a few other devices also use it.

Regarding your ethernet connection, low evening speeds sound like contention, however it shouldn't be dropping so could you connect to 192.168.0.1 click on 'show router status' and post the stats you find here.

Hambos35
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, thanks for your comments. We seem to have the wifi sorted now...
However my pc still drops out, whilst another pc is fine. Any clues?
0 Kudos