Menu
stamford1601
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wifi - Terrible

I am having a nightmare with wifi in our house. Small semi detached, 2 up and 2 down etc... But wifi doesnt even reach the bedrooms ! I have reset the box time after time, changed channels and nothing gets any better. Even sometimes sitting 15 feet away from the router and the signal drops from 5G to 2G which doesn't want to connect to any web browser we use. All of our family mobiles are losing there data allowences because wifi is so so bad..... Signed up to another 12 months which I shouldn't have done but was told if I did this and that and change channels then all would be fine and dandy... Big mistake, should have left when I had the chance but then again if I am not getting the service I pay for then surley I can leave as and when I please ?

0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi - Terrible

Try downloading a wifi analyser app onto your mobile. This will show the channels and levels around the house and may help understand the problem. These apps do not however show interference from things like baby monitors etc.

If you have a low signal from the SHub it may be faulty and you will need to ring VM and report the fault.

If your house is attenuating the signal you could invest in a powerline wifi access point or put the SHub into modem only mode and connect your own router that has better wifi performance.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey stamford1601,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the trouble with your wireless connection, I appreciate what you've tried so far.

I've just taken a look and noticed that your upstream power levels are out of range, this may not be a direct explanation to the connection problems you've mentioned, but it's worth getting it checked by an engineer.

I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to confirm a visit.

Speak with you very soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey there stamford1601,

I just wanted to pop by and see how you're getting on following the engineer visit. I hope everything went well, let me know if I can help with anything else.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos