Menu
Lon2017
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wifi - Superhub won't reboot

After c.3 years of good performance my Superhub suddenly no longer keeps devices wirelessly connected and seems unstable. Turning on/off didn't help, attempts to do a factory setting reset don't work. It appears stuck in a continuous 1-2 minute reboot (or other) loop with the Traffic light cycling from green to blue and back regularly, and the Ready and Wireless lights flipping between off, blue and occasionally red and the large Virgin logo light on the front cycling between flashing blue and purple. Any successful wifi reconnection lasts only a few seconds as the iPhone then asks for the Wifi password to be rentered continuously. Any ideas? Thanks.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi - Superhub won't reboot

It looks like your old SH1 is on it's way to Silicone Heaven.

When you did the Factory reset, did you hold the pin in for a good 30secs? Did the ethernet port lights flash? It might be worth retrying the Factory Reset.

The SH1 is now obsolete, so I would give them a ring on 151 from a VM line or 0345 454 1111 for a quicker response to get it swapped out for a new Hub 3 or SH2 as it is taking about a week for the Forum Team to respond to threads at the moment

0 Kudos
Lon2017
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Success. I rang and Virgin sent me a new hub which arrived 4 days later. Thanks very much for your help. P.S. The U.K. Onshore call centre worked very well; but my first attempt reached an offshore call centre whose "system froze" so they couldn't help and didn't call back until several hours after when they'd said they'd call back.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lon2017,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry for the trouble you've had contacting our team.

Just wanted to check in to make sure your new Superhub is working OK. Any trouble?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos