Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3 (427 Views)

Wifi Issue

I have a super hub 2 device installed in my property recently experiencing some problems with WIFI connection when all devices are turned off the wifi light 2.5 ghz is still flashing when I am not using my devices I have enabled mac filtering on my router for all my devices changed admin password on router use strong passwords on wifi some how my broadband is being used by another device still and I change passwords every day but this person is some how getting round the mac filtering and cracking my wifi passwords what I put in. I have logged in to the router when I noticed wifi being used and only device that shows is my computer.  

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Superuser
Message 2 of 3 (816 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by johndj
‎15-02-2017 23:25

Re: Wifi Issue

The wifi lights on the hub will flash periodically, this is just the wireless networks beaconing, advertising it's presence so wireless clients know it is there and can connect to it with the right credentials.

If you are using WPA2 AES encryption, with a strong password, it is very unlikely someone is hacking your wireless network unless you have written the password down somewhere for someone to find.

WPA2 is secure and has AFAIK has not been cracked.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

All Replies
Superuser
Message 2 of 3 (817 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by johndj
‎15-02-2017 23:25

The wifi lights on the hub will flash periodically, this is just the wireless networks beaconing, advertising it's presence so wireless clients know it is there and can connect to it with the right credentials.

If you are using WPA2 AES encryption, with a strong password, it is very unlikely someone is hacking your wireless network unless you have written the password down somewhere for someone to find.

Joining in
Message 3 of 3 (411 Views)

Cheers for putting my mind at ease I thought some one was using my broadband I have not had it clearly explained to me before and thanks for your advice.

griffin wrote:

0 Kudos