Menu
dana123
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Wifi Dropout - Mobile Devices - Suberhub 3.0 Problems

So we recently installed a new Superhub 3.0 unit which was sent to us. Our old hub had a 3dB forward path attenuator connected between the signal lead and the router so I have left this as is and the signal cable passes through the attenuator, and into the SuperHub 3.0.

The issue we have is with wireless connections, the one wired connection the router has appears fine.

The wireless connection to the kindle fire TV stick, laptop, and Netgear range extender work fine.

However the issue seems to be with mobile devices such as our iPhones and iPads which experience frequent loss of internet connection. The wifi connection still shows but there is no internet connectivity.

Strangely, when connecting my iPhone/iPad to the netgear range extender these drop outs are not a problem.

I can't seem to get my head around why this is the case and it's getting frustrating now.

Some further notes:

• We had this problem on the old superhub 1.0, and now on the new 3.0 also.
  • Changing the wireless channel has had no effect

Network log:

3f19b16ea7b884d5654d8a771e42ac9b

3a067ac4feaf6b723a0e300d81eca3bdec7ef12dec26955ba992616a2f6b3dd0

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi Dropout - Mobile Devices - Suberhub 3.0 Problems

The downstream power levels are too low, you will need to take the attenuator off to start with and please repost the power levels as I don't think removing the attenuator will be enough.

0 Kudos
dana123
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks griffin,

b909a2b911b52a1743c1e0effef51286

These are the new downstream power levels after removing the attenuator. The upstream levels are the same.

Are these within acceptable limits now?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Short answer, no.

The power slope is a bit askew as well. It looks like a VM tech will need to take a closer look.

You will need to contact VM for resolution, either by waiting here about a week until a VM Forum Team Member picks up the thread, or give them a call on 150 from a VM line or 0345 454 1111 for a quicker response.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi dana123, 

Welcome to the forums I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your wireless connection. 

I have taken a look and I can see there are a couple of things going on here. Firstly it seems that you are affected by fault ref F004764548 for slow speeds at peak times. I have popped the details across to the team who deal with this type of issue and they will contact you as soon as they can with some more information. We should know more after 25/01/2017. 

I can also see as mentioned by griffin that your downstream power levels are too high. I can also see you have an engineer booked in to get this issue resolved. This should help your connection during non-peak hours. 

Let us know how you get on. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos