Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2 (108 Views)

WiFi up and down every few minutes

[ Edited ]
Hi can someone help me please. I got virgin media installed the other day. I had been a customer at a previous address but not for a few years.

My package includes 200mb internet. My issue is with my WiFi. It keeps dropping out and grinding to a halt on my mobile devices. One minute I test it and it is 200, the next the test fails, the next it is 1mb then it can be 140, it's all over the place includng completely AWOL.

Any suggestions on how I might fix this?

I have the super hub 3 connected to the new TV T6 box by wifi (installed by engineer).

I've also had a combination of mobile phones on the WiFi and a TPLink wired extender to get a wired connection in another room.

I've tried a few speed test apps. The upload seems pretty consistent about 12 with only the odd result out and as low as 8. The download speed is everything from 0 to 220 .....confused.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2 (48 Views)

Re: WiFi up and down every few minutes

Hi thetonyclifton,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to read you are experiencing issues with your wireless connection.

With the Hub 3 as it broadcasts both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, you can separate these with different SSID and passwords, to make it easier for your devices to connect too.

This way you can test if this happens on both networks.

Do you get this issue if you are connected through wired directly to the Hub?

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos